Banichki with mushrooms, leeks, peppers and rosemary
Phyllo dough is a very important ingredient in Bulgarian
Cooking. Both recipes for Banichki are equally good with
Phyllo or with pastry. Of course, if you use pastry, it is much
better to serve warm. Phyllo, on the other hand, can
be served at room temperature. It is easier to work with
both doughs when your filling is cooled down to room
Temperature (highly recommended).
- 1 package pastry or phyllo dough
- 250g mushrooms,chopped
- 1 leek , chopped
- 1 pepper, diced (colour optional)
- 2-3 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
1. Sauté all the ingredients in a pan. Unfold the dough. If you are using phyllo put a tablespoon, of the filling along the short side of the sheet.
2. Roll it and put in a tray covered with baking paper with the edge down. If you are using a pastry Dough , unfold the sheet and cut it in 5 columns.
3. In each part distribute the same amount of filling and roll to close it.
4. Put in a tray and keep them at least 3-4 cm apart, because they puff when they bake. Bake on 200 C for about 15-20 min. or until the banichki are nicely brown.Print